Herbert Smith Freehills is thrilled, for the fourth consecutive year, to be named the number 1 ‘attraction firm’ in Australia, in a recent survey of the country’s legal professionals.
In the Lawyers Weekly Legal Firm of Choice Survey produced by Momentum Intelligence, legal professionals were asked: ‘which Australian legal firms are most attractive to legal professionals if they were to leave their current employer?’. Herbert Smith Freehills was the most highly cited firm.
Herbert Smith Freehills’ Regional Managing Partner, Australia, Andrew Pike said:
“As a firm, we are focused on fostering a positive, diverse and inclusive culture for our people and delivering exceptional service to our clients. In the last few years we’ve invested heavily in innovative new legal services for our clients and in new programs to help our people flourish. It’s great to see those efforts recognised in the market.
“We’re a proud incubator of legal talent, and work hard offer our people exceptional career opportunities. The strength of our brand and our global network provides them with the chance to advise some of the world’s biggest corporations on their most significant matters. Our lawyers get to work on some of the most challenging and career-defining legal work.
“I believe that it’s these outstanding opportunities we are able to offer as a global firm, combined with our collaborative and innovative culture and our significant commitment to pro bono and the community that attracts people to our firm.”
Herbert Smith Freehills has had a very successful 2018 to date, garnering a number of industry awards and league table recognition including:
- Law Firm of the Year at the Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards 2018
- Law Firm of the Year at the Australasian Lawyers Law Awards 2018 (for the second consecutive year);
- Commercial Team of the Year Award at the Australian Law Awards – Head Office Advisory Team (HOAT);
- Consumer M&A Legal Adviser of the Year and Energy Mining & Utilities M&A Legal Adviser of the Year at the Mergermarkets Australia M&A Awards 2018.
- Ranking 1st by deal count and deal value in completed deals (Australia and NZ) in the 2018 H1 Thomson Reuters M&A league tables.
- Topping the Inframation Deals Project Finance league tables in Australia for H1 2018 for both deal count and deal value.