Olga has over 10 years’ experience advising a range of clients in a number of industries, specialising in employment, industrial relations, diversity and workplace safety and health.
She takes a practical approach, and her particular expertise is to assist her clients in finding commercial solutions to workplace and employee relations issues, to achieve the best outcome in terms of employee engagement, productivity and industrial relations strategic objectives.
Olga’s expertise ranges from advisory and strategic planning to representation and assistance with employment-related disputes and regulatory investigations and prosecutions.
In particular, Olga assists her clients by advising on:
- a range of day to day issues, ranging from recruitment, through employment and to termination of employment. This has included drafting, enforcing and managing post-employment restraints, and assisting with executive contracts and remuneration issues
- strategic issues, including managing industrial relations issues, change management and complex workplace issues such as workplace investigations, performance and discipline
- document management, including drafting and reviewing employment contracts and policies and procedures
- compliance issues, including in relation to employment, equal opportunity and diversity, and occupational health and safety, bullying, injury management and rehabilitation, and regulatory investigations and prosecutions
Olga has also worked on a number of high profile disputes in industrial relations and employment.
- Assisted a contractor in the energy sector to successfully enforce a restraint of trade
- Advised and represented clients in the mining sector in relation to safety prosecutions
- Assisted multiple clients in relation to employment claims, including unfair dismissals and general protections claims
- Assisted a client in the mining sector in relation to change management advice when it was considering a number of options to improve efficiency and productivity
Olga holds a Bachelor of Laws & Arts (Honours) from the University of Western Australia, and a Master of Laws from the University of Melbourne.
Olga worked as an Associate to the Honourable Justice McLure of the Western Australian Court of Appeal in 2006.