Jennifer advises clients across a range of industries on structuring, negotiating and implementing significant corporate transactions. Jennifer has advised on some of the most transformative Australian public and private M&A deals in recent times. She has experience in both domestic and cross-border transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructures and general corporate advisory matters.
Jennifer is the co-author of the Herbert Smith Freehills ‘Australian Public M&A Report’, a publication which examines control transactions involving Australian targets listed on the ASX that were conducted by way of takeover bid or scheme of arrangement in each financial year.
Jennifer’s recent experience includes advising:
- Link Group in its proposed A$3.5 billion (EV) acquisition by Dye & Durham by way of scheme
- Santos in its A$22 billion merger with Oil Search
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on its sale of a 55% interest in Colonial First State to KKR and A$3.3 billion joint venture
- Boral Limited in its response to the A$8.5 billion unsolicited takeover offer by Seven Group Holdings
- Coca-Cola Amatil Limited on its acquisition by Coca-Cola European Partners by way of scheme valuing Amatil at A$11.1 billion (EV). This deal was awarded M&A Deal of the Year at the 2021 MergerMarket M&A Awards
- Caltex Australia on its response to the A$10 billion (EV) Couche-Tard non-binding indicative offer
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on its proposed A$3.8 billion sale of its Australian and New Zealand life insurance business to AIA
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on its A$4.2 billion sale of its global asset management business, Colonial First State Global Asset Management (CFSGAM) to Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on its proposed A$8 billion demerger of certain of its wealth management and mortgage broking businesses
Jennifer holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Sydney. She is admitted as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.