The unprecedented effects of the covid-19 pandemic has undoubtedly fuelled the global mental health crisis among workers. Bereavement, social isolation, fears of contracting the virus, worries over job security, as well as harassment and discrimination, and the blurring of work and home life have all led to rising reports of employee mental health problems.
The pandemic will likely be significant and felt for years to come, and so there has never been a more important time and need for employers to consider how they can best safeguard the health and safety of their workforces around the world.
Chris Parsons, Chair of the India Practice and an HSF Mental Health Champion, participated in a webinar hosted by the International Employment Lawyer alongside other expert legal and wellbeing practitioners, to discuss:
- The types of legal claims brought by employees with mental ill-health;
- The effect of the pandemic on legal professionals;
- How to champion mental health discussions to create healthy working environments;
- How to design and implement a wellbeing programme within your organisation; and
- How to respond when employees raise the alarm over poor wellbeing or mental health.