In this webinar briefing, our Employment, IR and Safety team discuss the most recent employment and IR issues and developments for HR practitioners and general counsel.
Featuring partners drawn from each of our Australian offices, the panel canvassed the lessons and insights they have been sharing with clients during this most uncertain economic period in a generation.
During the webinar, we provided an update on:
- Covid-19 – some of the key issues that are affecting our clients, including an update on JobKeeper, organisational change and restructuring and modern award changes;
- IR and Enterprise Bargaining – how the federal government’s IR reform process is progressing, as well as recent Fair Work Commission decisions in relation to enterprise bargaining;
- Underpayments – recent state government ‘wage theft’ reforms; the Fair Work Ombudsman’s current priorities; and looked at the impact of the Federal Court’s Rossato decision and how it impacts employers who are engaging casual employees; and
- Discrimination/Sexual Harassment – the recent Report on workplace sexual harassment inquiry; discussed what best practice employers are doing in this space; and provided a summary of the recent Federal Court decision dealing with employer liability and damages.
The webinar was hosted by Perth based partner Anthony Longland in conversation with partners:
- Kirsty Faichen, Partner (Brisbane)
- Natalie Gaspar, Partner (Melbourne)
- Drew Pearson, Partner (Sydney)
- Anthony Wood, Partner (Melbourne)
To listen to the podcast, please visit the Employment, IR and Safety podcast series here.
The contents of this publication are for reference purposes only and may not be current as at the date of accessing this publication. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your specific circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action based on this publication.
© Herbert Smith Freehills 2021