The Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) is the first major international commercial arbitration centre to introduce a rule that permits the early dismissal of a claim or defence that is manifestly without legal merit, or manifestly outside the jurisdiction of the Tribunal.
In this debate, our speakers will consider the reasoning behind introducing this power in the new Rules and the merits and dangers of such a mechanism, as well as the willingness of arbitrators to make use of it.
Date: Thursday 3 November 2016
Timings: 5:30pm: Registration and welcome drinks; 6:00pm: Seminar followed by drinks and networking
Venue: Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, Exchange House, Primrose Street, London EC2A 2EG. Click here for directions.
- Lim Seok Hui, Chief Executive Officer, SIAC and SIMC
- Gary Born, President, SIAC Court of Arbitration
- Nicholas Peacock, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Sapfo Constantatos, Senior Group Legal Counsel, Dispute Resolution, Standard Chartered Bank
- Murray Rosen QC, Barrister, 4 New Square
- Kevin Nash, Deputy Registrar & Centre Director, SIAC
To register your attendance, please contact Paul McKeating.