On the new Herbert Smith Freehills Podcast channel, our experts discuss mergers and acquisitions issues in Australia.
Tune in as our experts discuss recent transactions, their challenges and key legal issues, while highlighting considerations to watch out for in future transactions.
The first four episodes are:
- Episode 1: Issues in schemes of arrangement, focussing on the Tabcorp/Tatts transaction (Rodd Levy and Courtney Dixon)
- Episode 2: Hostile takeover bid tactics (Sam Kings and Kam Jamshidi)
- Episode 3: Loan to own schemes of arrangement, focussing on the recent Bis Industries transaction (Andrew Rich and Paul Apathy)
- Episode 4: No-fly zones after unsuccessful bids, and rights issues that go too far (Simon Haddy and Tim McEwen)
- Episode 5: Keep calm and pay the 12.5%: Applying the CGT non-resident withholding tax in public market transactions (Rodd Levy and Toby Eggleston)
- Episode 6: : Pre-bid shareholder commitments – current issues and examples (Rodd Levy and Kam Jamshidi)
Mark Rigotti, CEO of Herbert Smith Freehills, said,
“Clients are increasingly looking to us to add more value and engage with them differently. By launching our own podcast channel, we are able to provide clients with bytes of legal insights that can be consumed anytime, anywhere.”
The contents of this publication, current at the date of publication set out above, are for reference purposes only. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your specific circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action based on this publication.
© Herbert Smith Freehills 2018