In 2016, India launched an unprecedented demonetisation programme, which revolutionised its digital economy. Four years on, we look at the present state of the Fintech sector in India – and at its enormous potential for further growth.
This article covers:
- Fintech in India: Leading the curve
- Fintech in India; Key drivers
- Fintech in India: Segments and players
- Major deals in the Indian Fintech sector
- Regulation of Fintech in India
- India’s revolutionary UPI and open banking
- Data protection in India
The contents of this publication are for reference purposes only and may not be current as at the date of accessing this publication. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your specific circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action based on this publication.
© Herbert Smith Freehills 2020