Recording - Wednesday 28 November 2018
A draft version of the full Political Declaration on the framework for the future relationship between the UK and the EU, agreed at negotiators’ level and agreed in principle at political level, was published and is available here. This webinar discussed
- the political obstacles to a deal and what might happen next,
- key aspects of the finalised political declaration and what it tells us about prospects for future UK/EU free trade arrangements.
Our Brexit Director, Paul Butcher, was joined by:
- Daniel Finkelstein OBE, Associate Editor, Columnist and Leader Writer, The Times. Before joining the paper in 2001, he was adviser to both the prime minister John Major and the Conservative leader William Hague. Daniel was appointed to the House of Lords in 2013 and named political commentator of the year at the Editorial Intelligence Comment Awards 2010, 2011 and 2013.
- Eric White, Consultant, Herbert Smith Freehills. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills Eric was a member of the European Commission's Legal Service between 1985 and 2016, where he led, amongst other things, the Trade Policy and WTO team.
- Katherine Dillon, Of Counsel, Herbert Smith Freehills. Katherine is a specialist in UK and EU financial services law and regulation with extensive experience of advising financial sector clients on the implications of Brexit.
Subscribe to our Brexit Notes blog to receive all the latest Brexit new and analysis
If you would like to access the recording please contact us.