The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has been working with the industry to keep the city's markets robust, uninterrupted and accessible since the start of the COVID-19 outbreak.
In order to ensure that financial institutions and the markets remain resilient in the changing circumstances, MAS has announced policy changes and deadline extensions and issued guidance and reminders on a wide range of issues.
Our recent briefing provides a summary of these developments, with links to original documents to help you navigate the following areas:
- Operational resilience and business continuity
- Adjustments to selected regulatory requirements and supervisory programmes
- Guidance on measures consistent with safe distancing
- Financial and other support for financial institutions and fintech firms
- Relief measures for banking clients