Recording: Originally broadcast Tuesday 26 June 2018
Trustees frequently rely upon their professional advisers to assist them, in particular in relation to the myriad changes in relation to UK taxation and the structuring of assets. Whilst the advice is often sound, occasionally things do not go so well and a trustee may find, for example, that it has a significant (and unexpected) tax charge.
In this webinar, solicitors from Herbert Smith Freehills' specialist trusts and tax disputes groups discussed some of the common areas where claims might arise, and the pitfalls that might be encountered in bringing such claims. The webinar covered:
- Common areas for professional negligence
- The position in England in relation to mistakes by fiduciaries
- Issues in relation to loss
- Options to mitigate losses
- Guidance on bringing a claim
If you would like to access the recording please contact us.