Welcome to the 2018 Edition of our Asia-Pacific Competition Law Guide
The Guide covers significant developments over the past year including amendments to the Australian, Thai and Indonesian competition law regimes, and the first cases brought before the Hong Kong Competition Tribunal. The Guide reports on key jurisdictions in the region where Herbert Smith Freehills and its associated offices have an established presence to provide clients, business people and lawyers with concise information on the application of competition law in those jurisdictions, on both antitrust and merger control. It also provides some commentary on the status of competition law in the increasingly active ASEAN member states of the Philippines, Malaysia, Myanmar, Vietnam and Laos.
The guide has been compiled by our network of Herbert Smith Freehills competition specialists, led by the Head of Competition, Asia, Mark Jephcott, with contributions from the following:
- Australia: Liza Carver, Patrick Gay and Sarah Benbow
- Mainland China: Karen Ip, Nanda Lau and Martha Wang
- Hong Kong: Mark Jephcott, Adelaide Luke, Ajit Kainth and Howard Chan
- Indonesia: David Dawborn , Sakurayaki (Hiswara Bunjamin & Tandjung) and Narendra Adiyasa (Hiswara Bunjamin & Tandjung)
- Japan: Graeme Preston, Joseph Fisher, Filip Gavanski and Kenji Ito (Mori Hamada Matsumo)
- Singapore: Daniel Waldek , Gitta Satryani and Sandra Tsao (Prolegis LLC)
- Thailand: Chinnawat Thongpakdee, Emi Rowse and Chotika Voravongsakul
- ASEAN: Mark Jephcott, Adelaide Luke and Guillaume Stafford
Please click here to preview this publication.
To request a copy of the guide, please email [email protected].