The Guide to Employment and Workplace Relations in Australia Guide 2017
The Employment and Workplace Relations in Australia Guide 2017 (Guide) offers in-house counsel, HR, IR and safety professionals with a comprehensive, straightforward and up-to-date overview of all areas of employment, industrial and safety laws, both federal and state. The Guide is also a valuable for executives and managers who need or want to learn more about the law and other arrangements underpinning the employment of their people.
The 7 top employment trends
- Focus on ‘sustainable’ terms in enterprise bargaining
- Unions reinventing themselves to stay relevant
- Unions using health and safety as an industrial lever
- Focus on workplace crisis management
- Increased scrutiny around workplace bullying and harassment
- Employers will respond to new whistleblower laws
- More active workplace regulators: Fair Work Ombudsman and Australian Building and Construction Commission
The contents of this publication are for reference purposes only and may not be current as at the date of accessing this publication. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your specific circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action based on this publication.
© Herbert Smith Freehills 2022