The 2019 edition of the Herbert Smith Freehills Guide to Takeovers and Schemes of Arrangement has been launched. Recently recognised as M&A Legal Adviser of the Year at the 2019 Mergermarket Australia M&A Awards, we strive to provide our clients with an unparalleled depth of expertise.
Our Guide captures legal and market developments and is designed to provide a helpful summary of some of the key legal and regulatory issues that arise in connection with Australian takeovers and schemes.
The Herbert Smith Freehills Guide to Takeovers and Schemes of Arrangement in Australia is a guide to:
- making, or responding to, a takeover bid for an Australian public company; and
- the use of schemes of arrangement as a means of acquiring an Australian public company.
The topics covered include:
- Australia’s M&A market
- Legislative framework
- Preparing for a transaction
- Takeover bid versus a scheme of arrangement
- The scheme of arrangement procedure
- Takeover bids – steps and procedures
- Takeover defence
- Disclosure of shareholdings
- Dispute resolution
- Alternatives to formal takeover bids
The contents of this publication are for reference purposes only and may not be current as at the date of accessing this publication. They do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. Specific legal advice about your specific circumstances should always be sought separately before taking any action based on this publication.
© Herbert Smith Freehills 2021