He advises clients on international and German real estate transactions and related matters, including financing, structuring and regulatory issues. His clients include project developers, investment companies, open-ended and closed-ended real estate investment funds, and institutional investors.
Sven's experience includes advising:
- Alpha Real Capital on the intended acquisition of a hotel project development in the vicinity of the Munich airport
- Arsago Real Estate on various acquisitions of German residential real estate portfolios
- Artmax Germany on the acquisition of a commercial property located in Berlin
- H.I.G. Capital on the acquisition of a mixed-use property located in Mannheim
- Patrizia on the disposal of the Metro Campus in Düsseldorf, which is part of the headquarters of Metro Group in Germany
- R+V Versicherungs on the acquisition of a residential real estate portfolio located near Stuttgart via a forward deal
- Trockland on the disposal of the mixed-use complex "Charlie Living" located in Berlin
- Kintyre Investment GmbH on various strategic joint ventures
- TBR Immobilien Consulting on the acquisition of a logistics object located near Freiburg.
A well-known practitioner, Sven is recommended in German leading directory Juve-Handbuch, Legal 500 Deutschland and ranked in Band 5 by Chambers Europe 2019 for Real Estate in Germany.
Sven Wortberg is described as having "impeccable technical skills" and being "very pleasant to work with" – Juve 2018/2019
Sven Wortberg is described as "reliable and congenial" – Juve 2017/2018
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2018, Sven was a partner in another international business law firm in Frankfurt.