We advise clients who seek to increase cost efficiencies and drive product development through innovation and digitisation.
Our clients champion digital technologies and techniques and we invest time in understanding them. In these challenging economic times, businesses are looking to consolidate and deepen their client relationships, as well as finding ways of making them more profitable; digitisation is central to this. By being at the cutting edge of developments from both a technological and a legal perspective, we can support our clients in their impact assessments and product development, enabling them to optimise their approach and avoid commercial and legal "roadblocks" late in the day or further down the line.
We regularly advise on:
- digital business strategies, architecture, governance and security - assessing the value and risk in the digital transformation of your organisation for future growth
- identifying and managing risks in the development, deployment, use, sale or procurement of digital technology (including mobile applications, digital and social marketing and communications, e-commerce, data analytics and blockchain)
- legal and regulatory frameworks relating to digital technology and related ecosystems, including the impact of data, cyber and other sector-specific regulations
- legal constructs that foster and support the creation, acquisition and use of digital technology, including technology licensing and associated technology exploitation arrangements and agreements
- technology collaboration, services and systems integration projects, including the design and negotiation of multi-supplier environments and associated contractual arrangements
- early identification and management of potential digital disputes
We support organisations created as or transforming into a digital business to capitalise on opportunities created by technology including data, digitisation of assets, data analytics and exploitation of data as a strategic corporate asset, artificial intelligence, robotics, internet of things, blockchain, drones, smart infrastructure, transport and cities, and augmented and virtual reality.
We also offer fully-integrated advice on mergers and acquisitions, investments, tax, employment, regulation, competition, telecommunications, data protection and privacy, cyber security and outsourcing to support all of our clients' digital business needs.