He regularly advises clients on acquisitions and disposals of significant assets, major private capital investments, joint ventures and strategic alliances. He also has extensive experience in corporate governance and corporate law generally.
Stephen’s clients include leading industrials, listed companies, investment banks and private equity funds, in Australia and overseas.
- GenesisCare on all of its significant acquisitions and equity transactions since its inception, including its 2022 divestment of its cardiology operations and multiple major secondary sale transactions at the head company level
- Boral Limited on multiple major strategic transactions, including its US$1.6 billion regional plasterboard joint venture with USG Corporation (and subsequent exit) and its novel long-term arrangement with Cleanaway at its Deer Park quarry site in Victoria
- US$100 million convertible note program for an Australian technology infrastructure company, with associated restructure
- Todd Corporation on multiple investments and transactions in multiple sectors
- Caltex Australia on its alliance with Woolworths
- as part of a large HSF team, Sydney Aviation Alliance on consortium aspects of its A$32 billion acquisition of Sydney Airport
Stephen holds a first class honours degree in law from the University of Oxford, and is admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales, Victoria and England & Wales.
Stephen has a particular interest in learning and development, taking a leading role in knowledge management and legal training within the corporate practice group. He also holds a coaching qualification and is a member of the firm’s internal coaching faculty.