Tess advises clients on a range of complex commercial transactions with a focus on intellectual property and technology issues, including relating to:
- IP aspects of mergers and acquisitions including IP acquisitions and divestments, IP licences, technology licensing agreements, advertising agreements, intra-group arrangements and IP related advice, including IP aspects of internal restructuring;
- trade mark and copyright agreements including licensing and merchandising;
- manufacturing and distribution agreements, wholesale supply agreements for fast moving consumer goods; and
- franchising, including master franchise agreements and advice in relation to compliance with regulatory regimes.
Tess received a Band 1 Ranking for Transactions in the 2021 WTR 1000 for her work on IP commercialisation and IP aspects of M&A transactions.
Tess’ experience includes acting for:
- a major national fuel retailer in relation to its long term retail development and brand licensing arrangements with a major national supermarket brand
- private equity investors on the IP aspects of various acquisitions and investments, including brand split structures
- a number of international consumer companies on various IP matters including IP licensing agreements, technology and brand licences, distribution agreements and franchising
- various technology companies in relation to research and development agreements, collaboration agreements and commercialisation of IP assets
- healthcare and pharmaceutical companies on research, licensing and commercial agreements