Sid is an international corporate senior associate with particular expertise in cross-border M&A.
He has helped clients on a wide range of corporate transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures and other aspects of corporate law, across the UK, Europe, India, Africa and the US. He focusses on manufacturing and industrials (including aerospace and defence), telecoms and media, energy, real estate (hotels and office spaces) and consumer sectors.
As an integral member of the firm's India practice, he advises clients on outbound, as well as inbound, India related transactions, and also heads various initiatives in India as part of the firm's wider commitment to the country.
Sid has also advised a number of pro-bono clients and organisations, such as FLEX, Walk Free and Transparency International, and he is a trustee at Arthan (a Delhi based non-profit organisation helping underprivileged kids in India with career preparedness / planning).
In addition to his day-to-day work, Sid lectures at various renowned universities in the UK and India (including Oxford and NLUs), and he is also the Co-Chair of NOTICED (UK's first inter-law firm diversity network focussing on multiculturalism, which comprises 12 top London city based law firms).
Sid was previously shortlisted amongst the top five Asian origin lawyers in the UK at the Asian Professional Awards.
Sid's experience includes advising:
- OneWeb on significant investments from SoftBank and Hughes Network Systems
- Ennismore, a UK-based developer and the owner of The Hoxton, on its US$1 billion merger with French multinational hospitality company Accor
- Bharti Global and its consortium with the UK government on its US$1 billion acquisition of OneWeb
- Virgin Group, owned by Sir Richard Branson, on its announced disposal of a 31% stake in Virgin Atlantic to Air France-KLM on the resulting three-party joint venture between them and Delta Air Lines
- British Land on the sale of 5 Broadgate, held in a 50:50 joint venture between British Land and GIC, to Hong-Kong headquartered, CK Asset Holdings Limited for £1 billion
- Aernnova, a Spain headquartered aerostructures company, on its acquisition of GE Aviation's aerospace components manufacturing business in Hamble, UK
- Sky on its acquisition of a significant stake in Synamedia, the largest independent video software provider, along with the majority shareholder Permira funds (following on from Permira's acquisition of this business from Cisco)
- Amsted Industries on the acquisition by its business unit, Burgess-Norton, of part of Tenneco's automotive manufacturing business
- NEPI Rockcastle plc on the sale of its subsidiaries which own a portfolio of office buildings in Romania to AFI Properties
- Reaction Engines, a UK based company developing the revolutionary Synergetic Air-Breathing Rocket Engine, on strategic and financial minority investments from Boeing (Horizon X), Rolls-Royce, BAE Systems, Woodford, Baillie Gifford and a working partnership with BAE Systems
- JSW Steel, India's biggest steelmaker and the flagship company of the US$13 billion JSW Group, on its acquisition of Piombino steelworks in Italy (Aferpi SpA, Piombino Logistics SpA and GSI Lucchini SpA) from Cevital SpA
- IHS Towers, Africa's leading mobile infrastructure company, on its acquisition of Helios Towers Nigeria Limited (which consisted of over 1,200 telecommunications tower sites) from HTN Towers plc, in a deal claimed to be the first mobile infrastructure consolidation in Africa
- Reliance Communications (Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group), an Indian mobile telecommunications company listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange, on its US$1.6 billion sale of its towers business (which consisted of over 43,000 towers) to Brookfield
- Plus500, an Israel based company providing online trading services to retail customers, on its £460 million recommended cash acquisition by a subsidiary of Playtech plc
- Reliance Infrastructure (Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group), an Indian power utilities / defence / construction company listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange, on the acquisition, through its subsidiary, of a strategic stake (together with management control) in Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering Company
- The Prospect Japan Fund, a Guernsey-incorporated property fund listed on the London Stock Exchange, on the US$147 million recommended takeover offer by Prospect Co, a Japanese-incorporated company listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange (believed to be the first all-share offer of Japanese listed shares in the UK)
- Godrej Consumer Products, an Indian consumer company listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange, on the acquisition of a 51% interest in the Darling Group in 13 African jurisdictions, including Nigeria, South Africa and Mozambique, and its subsequent acquisition of the remaining stake in the joint venture
Sid is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and as an advocate in India. He studied at NLU Jodhpur graduating with a bachelors in law and business administration with a distinction.