Lorenzo Parola has over 20 years’ experience as a corporate and M&A lawyer with a particular focus on regulated sectors, such as real estate, infrastructure, TMT and energy. He also advises national and international operators in the assessment and implementation of real estate and infrastructure development projects by handling every stage from planning to financing and construction. Lorenzo is admitted to both the Italian Supreme Court and as a Solicitor in England and Wales.
- Sorgenia in the process of its sale to a fund managed by F2i SGR, Italy's largest independent infrastructure fund manager and Asterion Capital Partners
- Marguerite II in the acquisition, through two special purpose vehicles, of minority interests in Medea and Gaxa, Italgas group companies operating, respectively, in the gas distribution and supply sector in Sardinia region
- Edison in the acquisition of Gas Natural Vendita Italia and of a long-term GSA for the import of 11 TWh of gas from Shah Deniz II field in Azerbaijian
- Eiser Infrastructure in the sale of Società Gasdotti Italia, the second largest Italian gas transportation operator, to Macquarie and Swiss Life
- Osaka Gas in their first Italian investment through the creation of a joint-venture with Erogasmet in the gas distribution sector
- Edison (EDF's group) in the sale to the Italian infrastructure fund F2i of a majority shareholding in E2i owning renewable assets (wind and PV) for an aggregate capacity of 600MW, as well as in the related plant management and offtake agreements (2014 PFI Europe Renewables Deal of the Year)
- Representing Sorgenia in the process of its sale to a fund managed by F2i SGR, Italy's largest independent infrastructure fund manager and Asterion Capital Partners
- Interconnector Italia in the first ever project financing of a merchant interconnector project (Italy-France) under law No. 99/09 (2017 PFI Power Deal of the Year, 2018 TXF Perfect 10 Deals of the Year by Trade & Export Finance and 2018 LegalCommunity Energy Deal of the Year)
- Trans-Adriatic Pipeline AG in the contractual and regulatory aspects of the TAP (Trans-Adriatic Pipeline) project development, with a particular focus on the application for TPA exemption, on administrative and international law issues (conventions with local authorities, intergovernmental agreements) and on contracts with Snam Rete Gas and Stogit
- Representing HIGAS, owner of the first small scale LNG terminal in Italy, in the sale of LNG both via truck and pipeline
- Representing Edison in the LNG SPA with Venture Global as well as in the back-to-back LNG SPA with EDF for the offtake of LNG from Calcasieu Pass
- Represented TrailStone Group in the first ever long-term (10 years) PPA in Italy for the offtake of power from a non-subsidized, market parity PV plant
- Several traders in cases of alleged market manipulation under REMIT and in the implementation of the MAR and MiFID II compliance programs
- BNP Paribas in the first ever Italian inventory financing secured by a pledge over gas in storage
- Carnival Corporation in the framework agreement with Shell for the supply of LNG to the new class of cruise ships of Aida Cruises and Costa Crociere
Accolades and Recognitions
- Recognized as a leading expert by various international industry publications such as Chambers Europe (Band 1), Legal500 (Leading Individual), Who’s Who Legal Energy, Energy and Environment Expert Guides (Top Practitioner), The Best Lawyers in Italy, Milano Finanza (Elite Lawyer), LegalCommunity (Star Individual), Acritas Star Lawyer and Best Lawyers (Energy Lawyer of the Year for the City of Milan).
- Only Italian lawyer ever appointed four times as Energy Lawyer of the Year (2014, 2016, 2017 and 2020) and twice as M&A Lawyer of the Year (2018 and 2019) by the Italian leading legal magazine LegalCommunity.
- Only lawyer ever appointed three times as Energy Sector Professional of the Year (2011, 2017 and 2019) by the legal magazine TopLegal.
- In 2020 Lorenzo has been included in the We Wealth’s Talents Club, including the top 200 Italian business influencers.
Lorenzo graduated in law from the Catholic University of Milan before continuing his studies at the University of Turin, SAA – School of Management. He speaks Italian, English and French.
He is a Visiting Professor at various masters and advanced university courses (LL.M. in Law of Internet Technology of Bocconi University, Master Course in Energy Management and Energy and Finance – Corso di Alta Formazione in Energia e Finanza of MIP – Business School Polytechnic of Milan, II Level Master in Energy Efficiency and Industrial Sustainability – Master di II livello in Efficienza Energetica e Sostenibilità nell’Industria of Turin Polytechnic).