Kwok specialises in advising on complex and strategic contracts in the technology, media and telecommunications sectors.
Kwok has significant experience in advising on a broad range of TMT contracts and issues, including outsourcing agreements, master service agreements, software development agreements, licensing and maintenance contracts, cloud computing arrangements, network rollout, interconnect, telecommunications and wholesale broadband agreements.
Kwok also frequently advises on privacy and data security matters.
Kwok’s experiences include advising:
- CBA on various projects relating to the bank’s business critical systems, including a managed infrastructure agreement for the Bank’s business and direct customer call centre platforms
- Coles on their disposal of their credit card business to CitiGroup, including negotiations on a long term distribution agreement and transitional services agreement, and on IP and data issues
- nbn on a broad range of commercial contracts, commercial and regulatory issues including its wholesale broadband agreement, 5G strategy and pricing strategy
- Commonwealth Department of Communications on its Mobile Black Spot Program to fund investment in mobile tower rollouts, aimed at improving telecommunications and competitiveness across regional Australia
- The State of New South Wales in relation their ChildStory program which replaced their existing frontline case management systems with a cutting edge, Salesforce based, Software-as-a-Service solution
Kwok has been a solicitor for over 14 years, having been admitted in England and Wales in 2004, and in NSW in 2016. He joined Herbert Smith Freehills (formerly Freehills) in 2011.