Giacomo is experienced in providing advice to clients operating in the mining and oil and gas industries, local governments and public bodies in relation to employment law and strategic industrial matters, as well as general commercial advice.
Giacomo advises clients on a range of issues, including:
- enterprise agreement negotiations, including bargaining, drafting and complying with statutory obligations
- general employment matters, including unfair dismissal and general protections claims
- employment agreements, award coverage and general statutory obligations
- termination of employment issues
- workplace investigations
- post-employment restraints
- industrial matters, including strategic advice and managing industrial relations issues and disputes
Giacomo completed a Bachelor of Laws with Distinction and a Bachelor of Commerce (Industrial Relations) from the University of Western Australia in 2012 and commenced with Herbert Smith Freehills as a graduate in 2013. Giacomo has been working in the EPI team since September 2013. While still a student at university, Giacomo also worked for the University of Western Australia Business School, tutoring in International Employment Relations.
Giacomo is admitted to practice in the Supreme Courts of Western Australia and the Federal and High Courts of Australia.