Fiona advises clients on coverage issues and policy disputes involving all types of insurance and reinsurance. She assists clients particularly with claims under property damage and business interruption, professional indemnity and credit risk and political risk insurance, as well as reinsurance contracts. Fiona has experience handling claims arising out of a wide variety of underlying risks, from terrorist attacks to earthquakes, and financial crime to Covid-19. She is particularly known for her work with clients in the energy sector.
Fiona has been described in Legal 500 2020 as “exceptionally bright and committed” and “a star. She has unrivalled technical expertise combined with a very approachable manner”.
Fiona's experience includes advising:
- an energy company in relation to insurance claims for property damage to a gas turbine and associated business interruption losses
- Single Buoy Moorings Inc in Commercial Court proceedings on a US$1.3 billion construction all risks insurance claim concerning the Yme platform in the North Sea
- a construction company in connection with professional indemnity insurance claims arising out of allegedly defective cladding
- a major insurer on reinsurance disputes in connection with its insurance of substantial asbestos liabilities
- a UK bank in relation to various claims under credit risk and ECA guarantees
- a financial institution in connection with a cyber insurance claim arising out of a ransomware attack
Fiona has an MA from Cambridge University in law. She was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2008 and made a partner in 2021.