Dana has extensive experience advising clients on cross-border disputes including arbitration, litigation, investigations and other forms of dispute resolution, particularly in the technology, energy, finance and construction sectors.
She is experienced in all of the major arbitral rules including, ICC, SIAC, HKIAC, LMAA, LCIA, KCAB, DIAC, CIETAC and ICDR. She has represented clients in arbitrations conducted in London, Hong Kong, Beijing, New York, Singapore, Korea and Dubai, and in disputes under English, New York and other common and civil law systems.
Dana is dual-qualified in New York and England and Wales. In addition to her work as counsel, Dana also sits as arbitrator. She is the current Co-Chair of the Steering Committee of KCAB NEXT and the Rapporteur of KCAB Women's Interest Committee.
Dana is ranked as a ‘Next Generation Partner’ in Asia Pacific Legal 500 and as an exclusive winner of the Arbitration & ADR category for South Korea in the Client Choice Awards, 2019 and 2021. She was also named 'Korea Arbitration Future Leader' by the KCAB in December 2019.
“She is by far the most qualified, competent, dedicated, and client oriented foreign counsel in Seoul.” Client Choice Awards 2021
"She is one of the most outstanding arbitration lawyers in South Korea; she is very responsive, offers high-quality advice and has in-depth expertise in Asian disputes matters." Chambers Asia Pacific Partners 2021
Dana's experience includes:
- representing Hyundai Heavy Industries on its successful settlement in an ICC arbitration arising out of the US$10.3 billion Barzan gas pipeline project in Qatar
- representing a Korean contractor in a Singapore seated SIAC arbitration in relation to a significant downstream disputes with an Australian subcontractor on a US$10 billion project
- successfully representing a major battery manufacturing company in SHIAC arbitration proceedings arising out of product liability claims
- representing a Korean manufacturing company in an ICDR arbitration arising out of an IP dispute with an Asian engineering company
- representing a Korean contractor in a Singapore seated arbitration concerning the improper call on a performance bond and other claims arising under a turnkey construction contract for a multi-train polyester plant in Vietnam
- acting for Asian private equity firms in a HKIAC arbitration against another leading private equity firm, concerning the sale of its shareholding in a Korean company
- acting for an Asian private equity firm in a HKIAC arbitration concerning a post-M&A dispute in the financial services sector
- representing a global auto maker regarding allegations of fraud by the employees of its Korean business