Aaron works with corporates and investors in the telecoms and technology sectors. He spent a number of years working at mobile operator O2 and also at Telefonica's digital division. He has experience advising a broad cross-section of companies on strategic transactions and projects across fibre networks, mobile towers, data centres, satellite and subsea cable systems, as well technology collaborations and investments in high-tech start-ups. Aaron's experience means he is well placed to help companies use digital technologies and approaches to create value.
Aaron's practice is global, recently working with clients in the UK, Australia, the U.S., Africa and Latin America. His experience of telecoms regulation covers the EU and the UK, together with a diverse range of developing economies.
Aaron's experience includes advising:
- GIC on its acquisition of a 30% stake in CETIN Group. PPF Group will retain majority 70% ownership of its leading telecommunications infrastructure provider operating across Central and Eastern Europe
- Bharti Global Limited, a member of the consortium with the UK Government (through the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy), on the entry by the consortium into agreement for the acquisition of the OneWeb LEO satellite business in connection with its U.S. court-supervised sale process, as well as equity fundraising by Softbank, Hughes Networks and Eutelsat and OneWeb's commercial distribution arrangements
- Pearson plc, the world’s leading learning company, on its acquisition of ground-breaking Australian workforce AI and predictive analytics company, Faethm
- a confidential consortium on its proposed acquisition of Australian Tower Network, the Australian mobile infrastructure business of Singtel Optus
- Speedcast International Limited - an Australian company specializing in communications satellite technology - on its plan of reorganization and emergence from the Chapter 11 process under the ownership of Centerbridge Partners, L.P.
- Telefonica and Virgin Media O2 on its mobile network sharing arrangements with Vodafone, including for 5G mobile services, and the proposed sale of a stake of its UK mobile infrastructure JV ‘CTIL’ with Vodafone
- Virgin Media on its long-term £1bn plus wholesale mobile network services agreement with Vodafone, including its launch of 5G services
- the world's leading information services company on a number of communications infrastructure projects and transactions, including high value investments in subsea cable systems and cloud infrastructure such as data centres globally
- VEON on its US$1bn project with Ericsson for the digital transformation of its IT business support systems in multiple jurisdictions
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of Spanish fibre optic wholesale operator Ufinet
- Orange Group on its €350 million acquisition of hybrid cloud-based infrastructure services and big data analytics group Basefarm Holding from U.S. private equity investment firm Abry Partners and management shareholders
- I Squared Capital on its US$1.86 billion acquisition of Hutchison Telecommunications' fixed line business
- SingTel on its US$1.25 billion co-investment with Warburg Pincus, Temasek, and SoftBank in Airtel Africa Limited
Aaron is qualified in the United Kingdom and Australia.