Aaron has extensive experience acting for sponsors and a broad range of financiers including export credit agencies, multilateral agencies, development finance institutions, funds and commercial banks. Aaron specialises in project finance, project development, trade finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance and corporate finance and has acted on various transactions in the renewables, oil and gas, infrastructure and mining sectors.
Prior to returning to the Perth office in 2021, Aaron spent over 5 years working at a Magic Circle law firm in Singapore where he developed a practice acting on project finance and project development transactions in various jurisdictions around the Asia Pacific region including Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Bangladesh and India.
Aaron's experience includes advising:
- acted for The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited and Cathay United Bank Co., Ltd. on the NTD1,400,000,000 financing of an approximately 50MW portfolio of battery energy storage system (BESS) units to be developed by Iontree Co., Ltd (a subsidiary of Hartree Partners, LP) in Taiwan (awarded Battery Deal of the Year in the PFI Asia-Pacific Awards 2022).
- acted for energy company Ørsted (as sponsor) on the construction arrangements and sale (and related purchaser financing arrangements) of a 50% stake in the 605.2MW Greater Changhua 1 offshore wind project in Taiwan*
- acted for JBIC, NEXI, ADB and the syndicate of lenders in respect of the USD1.8bn 2x800MW Jawa 1 FSRU and gas-fired IPP project in Indonesia, the first LNG-to-Power project in Asia employing an FSRU*
- acted for JBIC ADB, and the syndicate of lenders on the USD3.745bn financing of an expansion of LNG Train (Train 3) of the Tangguh LNG Project in Papua Barat, Indonesia*
- acted for the lenders (including OPIC and SMBC) in relation to the project financing of the 70MW Sidrap wind energy project in South Sulawesi, Indonesia*
- acted for the syndicate of lenders in respect of Vena Energy’s first sustainability-linked approximately USD500m revolving credit facility.*
*Experience gained at a previous firm.