- the lenders on an underwritten bank financing supporting the US$3.9 billion sale of Engie's exploration and production business to Neptune Energy
- Trident Energy on a reserve-based lending facility in connection with its acquisition of an oil and gas asset in Equatorial Guinea
- the lenders on an up to US$5 billion secured loan and letter of credit facility for Lundin Petroleum, based on oil and gas assets in France, Malaysia, Norway and The Netherlands
- the lenders on a US$2.2 billion acquisition bridge facility and a US$3 billion secured reserve-based facility for Det Norske, governed by Norwegian Law, to finance its acquisition of Marathon Oil's Norwegian assets and the ongoing development of a portfolio of upstream assets
- the lenders on a US$575 million reserve-based facility for Cairn Energy plc to finance the development of the Catcher and Kraken fields in the UK North Sea
Thomas holds an M.A. in law from the University of Cambridge and is listed as a ‘Leading Individual’ for Trade Finance (including RBL) and also recommended for Bank Lending in Legal 500 UK, which noted him as having “as much experience in reserve-based lending as anyone in the market”.