Thierry has extensive experience as counsel in complex arbitration cases relating to civil aviation, rail and engineering, as well as in litigation in the fields of rail, banking, M&A transactions and D&O liability.
He also has extensive experience in corporate litigation (shareholder litigation, directors’ liability, post-M&A litigation).
Thierry has an international practice linked with Africa and Brazil. He is among one of the few Paris-based practitioners who are able to conduct arbitration proceedings in Portuguese language.
Thierry's experience includes advising:
- a dispute between investors in a telecommunications operation in Brazil (USD 15 billion, Brazilian law, ICC Paris, English language)
- a dispute related to a supply agreement in the military aeronautic sector (EUR 50 million, French law, ICC Paris, English language)
- a breach of a sales contract in the rail sector (in excess of USD 30 million dollars, Syrian law, ICC Geneva, English language)
- an action against a former Director for breach of fiduciary duties in the banking sector (EUR 180 million, Versailles and Paris Courts of Appeal, Court of Cassation)
- a breach of contract for the sale and construction of large LNG carriers (in excess of EUR 40 million, Paris Commercial Court and Court of Appeal)
- "Thierry Tomasi 'works like a Swiss watch – detailed, serious and accurate'" GAR 100 2017
- "The 'very sharp' Thierry Tomasi easily navigates in complex cross-border situations" Legal 500 EMEA 2015
- "Thierry Tomasi is professional and skilled" Legal 500 2014
- "Brazil: No Recognition of Foreign Arbitral Award Set Aside in the Country where the Award was Issued", ICC Dispute Resolution Bulletin, Issue 1, 2017 (avec M. de Campos Ludwig)
- "La Cour de cassation revient sur la transmission de la clause compromissoire dans le cadre d’une chaîne hétérogène de contrats translatifs de propriété" Cahiers de l’arbitrage/The Paris Journal of International Arbitration, 2015-1, p.71
- Juris-Classeur Droit International – Fiches pratiques Lexis Nexis en arbitrage international (avec G. Le Quillec)
Of French and Italian citizenship, Thierry speaks French, English, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. He is also a member of the Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBAr) and the International Bar Association and is a visiting Lecturer at the Catholic University of Louvain.
Thierry trained in French and Italian law and graduated in International Law and Arbitration Law from the University of Paris II (Panthéon – Assas) and King’s College London.
He has been a member of the Paris bar since 2004.