Asmita has advised on large-scale outsourcing projects and commercial technology contracts such as collaboration agreements and transitional service agreements as well as media and gaming transactions. She also has experience with data protection matters ranging from compliance, drafting privacy policies and transactional due diligence. She has also advised on transactions in the telecommunications space.
Her experience includes advising:
- Transport for London on the procurement of a replacement and improvement of the current automatic vehicle location system for the London bus network, London River Service and London Trams (that includes modules in respect of the supply, installation and maintenance of on-bus hardware, the use of real-time passenger information and back office management services).
- a major UK government department on the re-procurement of its end user computing devices and related technology support services, including end user support, device management and local infrastructure management.
- a leading electric vehicle charging network on its strategic commercial partnership with a large renewable energy supplier, including for the integration of intelligent grid and data analytics technology into the client's home charging equipment.
- a major UK government department on a three-part technology procurement and outsourcing programme for managed print services, records management and document security services, and management of enterprise-wide productivity software.
- a major UK government owned satellite company on its joint venture with a development company of a smart city for the sale and purchase of capacity from a set of geostationary low earth orbit satellite.
- a major broadcaster on its rights under a wide range of contracts to broadcast events which were (and continue to be) affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, including advising whether the counterparty is entitled to rely on force majeure to excuse its non-performance, whether fees are still payable in spite of non-performance or whether refunds or rebates are available, and potential approaches that could be taken in relation to the postponed event depending on the contractual position.
Asmita holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts from Jindal Global Law School (India), graduating as the Bronze Medallist. Following her admission as an advocate to the Bar Council of India, Asmita read the BCL at the University of Oxford.