Herbert Smith Freehills’ private equity and venture capital team has advised Our Innovation Fund (OIF) as lead investor on Atelier’s A$3 million Series Seed capital raise.
Atelier is an Australian start-up that enables customers to create their own beauty, health and wellness products. Leveraging a network of manufacturers and its own design technology, Atelier enables content creators and social media personalities to design and build their own brands and products. This new capital will be employed to fund the company’s international expansion.
The Herbert Smith Freehills team was led by Co-Head of Venture Capital (Australia) Elizabeth Henderson and solicitor John Slater, with support from partner and Co-Head of Venture Capital Clayton James.
Elizabeth Henderson said, “It was a pleasure to work again with OIF and support its investment in dynamic technology start-ups. We are excited to see Atelier’s continued growth.”
OIF’s Isabella Rich said, “Herbert Smith Freehills continues to support us and the Venture Capital and start-up ecosystem. It was great to have their continued support, thoughtfulness and value-add on this transaction.”
This deal is another example of Herbert Smith Freehills’ market-leading work in Australian venture capital raisings. Other recent examples include:
- King River Capital on its investment in Lexer’s A$33.5 million Series B capital raise
- Grok Ventures on its investment in Brighte’s A$100 million Series C capital raise
- Linktree on its US $10.7 million Series A and US$45 million Series B capital raises
- Who Gives A Crap on its A$41.5 Million Series A capital raise
- SafetyCulture on its A$60.5 million Series C capital raise