Sid is a cross-border M&A specialist focussing on high-value, complex transactions, including joint ventures and growth / private capital investments.
He has over 10 years of experience working across a number of sectors (including in particular TMT/Tech and real estate) and key global geographies and international corridors (including in particular US-UK/EMEA, India-UK/Europe, Australia-UK, South Africa-UK and Japan-UK).
Clients single out Sid for being "very switched on and very good" and "a highly qualified professional, not only because he is technically very competent, but also because he is a person with great empathy with the client".
- OneWeb, a UK headquartered tech and satellite company, on significant equity investments from SoftBank, Hughes Network Systems, Bharti, Eutelsat and Hanwha Systems totalling US$2.7 billion
- Ennismore, a UK-based developer and the owner of The Hoxton and Gleneagles, on its joint venture with Accor to create a new global lifestyle hotels company (This is believed to be one of the biggest real estate deals globally in 2021)
- EQT on its proposed acquisition of Iress (an Australian listed financial services technology company)
- Tetra Tech, a NASDAQ listed company, on its acquisition of engineering consulting business Hoare Lea
- Reaction Engines, a UK headquartered tech and aerospace company, on multiple investments from various investors including BAE Systems, Rolls Royce, Boeing, Schroders, Baillie Gifford, the UK Government
- Bharti Global and the UK Government on the US$1 billion acquisition of OneWeb in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy process
- Mercury Capital on the exit of Message4U for AUD$1.7b to Swedish rival Sinch (This was one of the largest ever deals for an Australian technology company)
- Comcast / Sky on its acquisition of a significant stake in Synamedia, the largest independent video software provider, along with the majority shareholder Permira funds (following on from Permira's acquisition of this business from Cisco)
- Virgin Group, owned by Sir Richard Branson, on its announced disposal of a 31% stake in Virgin Atlantic to Air France-KLM on the resulting three-party joint venture between them and Delta Air Lines
- Aernnova, a Spain headquartered high-end aerostructures company, on its acquisition of GE Aviation's aerospace business in Hamble, UK
- Amsted Industries, a US headquartered high-end manufacturing conglomerate, on multiple transactions including on the acquisition by its business unit, Burgess-Norton, of part of Tenneco's automotive manufacturing business
- ArcelorMittal on the acquisition of JESCO by its joint venture company in Saudi Arabia (AMTPJ) with Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund, Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF), and related shareholder arrangements with Saudi banks
- British Land on the sale of 5 Broadgate, held in a 50:50 joint venture between British Land and GIC, to Hong-Kong headquartered, CK Asset Holdings Limited for £1 billion
- InterGlobe Enterprises on its acquisition of the K+K portfolio of hotels across 10 jurisdictions in Europe from Goldman Sachs and Highgate
- NEPI Rockcastle, a company listed on Euronext and Johannesburg Stock Exchange, on the sale of its office space portfolio in Romania for €308 million to AFI Properties (This is believed to be the biggest real estate deal in Central East Europe in 2020)
- The Prospect Japan Fund, a Guernsey-incorporated property fund listed on the London Stock Exchange, on the US$147 million recommended takeover offer by Prospect Co, a Japanese-incorporated company listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange (believed to be the first all-share offer of Japanese listed shares in the UK)
- IHS Towers, Africa's leading mobile infrastructure and a NASDAQ listed company, on multiple transactions including its acquisition of Helios Towers Nigeria Limited (which consisted of over 1,200 telecommunications tower sites) from HTN Towers plc, in a deal claimed to be the first mobile infrastructure consolidation in Africa
- Reliance Communications on its US$1.6 billion sale of its towers business (which consisted of over 43,000 towers) to Brookfield
- Goldman Sachs on various transactions
- JSW Steel, India's biggest steelmaker and the flagship company of the US$13 billion JSW Group, on its acquisition of Piombino steelworks in Italy (Aferpi SpA, Piombino Logistics SpA and GSI Lucchini SpA) from Cevital SpA
Sid is dual qualified, admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and as an advocate in India. He studied at National Law University, Jodhpur graduating with a bachelors in law and business administration with a distinction. He has spent six months on secondment to our Singapore office.
Sid has been the Co-Chair of NOTICED (UK's first inter-law firm diversity network focussing on multiculturalism and ethnic diversity, which comprises over 25 top London city based law firms) from 2013 to 2022.
Sid speaks English and Hindi.