Based in London and with 30 years' experience, Nick advises on major projects in the energy, infrastructure and real estate sectors in the UK and internationally. He provides project developers, investors and financiers with strategic procurement advice, helps with risk analysis and management and drafts and negotiates a wide range of contracts, including concessions, traditional, design and construct and management contracts, collaborative contracts, early contractor involvement and FEED and consultancy agreements.
Nick is a member of the The City of London Law Society Construction Committee and the Society of Construction Law, as well as being a member of the Private Sector Client (British Property Federation) Representative Group for the JCT. He is a UK correspondent for the International Construction Law Review and is recognised as a leading construction and engineering law practitioner in Legal 500 2016, Chambers UK and Who's Who Legal 2016.
Nick's expertise is highlighted by being top ranked in Chambers UK and in the Hall of Fame in Legal 500 UK.
Nick's experience includes advising:
- Argent Related on the redevelopment of Tottenham Hale, London
- British Land on its masterplan redevelopment at Canada Water, Lonon including on appointments, infrastructure and plot development
- Brookfield on the London Wall Place and 100 Bishopsgate developments, London
- Capco on the redevelopment of Earl's Court, London
- Hammerson and abrdn on a major retail project at Brent Cross, London
- Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield on a residential scheme at Westfield London, new schemes at Stratford and Croydon and model form construction documentation
- on a number of new nuclear power projects in the UK, Europe and Middle East
- Aquind Interconnector on the 238km electricity link between England and France
- Amber Infrastructure on the successful bid for the Thames Tideway Tunnel project
- High Speed Two (HS2) Limited on the new north-south high speed rail line known as HS2, including on the construction contracts for Euston Station and Old Oak Common and the main civils packages (7 lots)
- IGI Poseidon on a gas pipeline project between Greece and Italy including marine construction.