Keith advises financing and development of energy and infrastructure projects. He has acted for sponsors, funders and procuring authorities and has advised on projects across both developed and emerging markets. He also advises equity investors, infrastructure funds and funders on the refinancing, acquisition and disposal of brownfield energy and infrastructure assets. Keith has broad sector experience across transport, renewables, power distribution, oil & gas, social infrastructure, defence and telecommunications.
Keith's experience includes advising:
- the Sumitomo-led consortium on its bid for the Kuala Lumpur to Singapore High Speed Rail project
- Transmission Capital Partners on the on the financing and acquisition of the transmission link to the 402MW Dudgeon offshore wind farm
- Nord Stream 2 AG on the €9 billion project financing of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline project
- the sponsors (a VTB Bank, Fraport AG and Copelouzos Group consortium) on the financing of the €1.1bn Pulkovo Airport PPP project in St Petersburg, Russia
- the sponsors (a VTB Bank and Gazprombank consortium) on the financing of the €2.3bn Western High Speed Diameter toll road PPP in St Petersburg, Russia
Keith joined the Herbert Smith Freehills London office in 2015. In April 2019, he then joined the Tokyo practice, before returning to London in 2021.
Keith is licensed to advise upon English law in Japan as a Registered Foreign Lawyer (Gaikokuho Jimu Bengoshi).