Jon’s experience across project finance, corporate finance and restructuring transactions gives him a deep understanding of each of his clients’ financing needs in order to achieve the best outcome for his clients.
Jon advises borrowers, lenders and other stakeholders on project finance transactions. His project finance practice is focused on clients in the infrastructure, energy and mining sectors. Jon’s extensive project finance knowledge is complemented by his experience advising clients on corporate finance transactions, where he has advised borrowers and lenders on a range of financings in Australia, Asia and Europe, including in connection with acquisitions, property financing, asset financing and general corporate financing.
Jon was named in the Best Lawyers in Australia 2019 and 2020 for Project Finance and Development and as a ‘Banking & Finance Rising Star’ by Doyle’s Guide in 2016.
Jon’s recent experience includes advising:
- Transurban in relation to its financing arrangements for the West Gate Tunnel, CityLink, Eastern Distributor, M2, M5 and Lane Cove Tunnel toll roads
- A bidder in relation to the WestConnex toll road project in New South Wales
- The lenders in relation to the financing arrangements for the Queensland New Generation Rollingstock PPP
- The lenders to a consortium bidding for the Outer Suburban Arterial Roads (Western Package) PPP
- On the project financing for numerous Australian renewable energy projects, including the Willogoleche Wind Farm, Taralga Wind Farm, Lal Lal Wind Farm, Kiamal Solar Farm, Cattle Hill Wind Farm, Swan Hill Solar Farm, Chinchilla Solar Farm, Brigalow Solar Farm, Cattle Hill Wind Farm and the Clare Solar Farm
- MMG in relation to its financing arrangements for the Dugald River mine project and various corporate financing facilities
Jon holds a Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Commerce (First Class Honours) from The University of Melbourne. Jon is admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2012, Jon worked in the finance teams at Clayton Utz in Melbourne and Freshfields in London.