Jahnavi is an aviation finance specialist advising a wide range of banks, export credit agencies, lessors, airlines and operators on the acquisition, financing and leasing of assets, including commercial aircraft, helicopters and business jets.
Clients describe Jahnavi as ‘very thorough’ and ‘able to explain complex issues in concise language’ across an array of aviation finance matters (UK Legal 500) and "having first class knowledge of her area of expertise and equally good client management skills" (Aviation, UK Legal 500 2022)
Jahnavi's experience includes advising:
- easyJet on a US$1.87 billion export development guarantee facility backed by UK Export Finance and involving a syndicate of 10 banks
- Lenders on a JOLCO financing for an Asian operating lessor with aircraft leased to airlines in the US
- Virgin Atlantic on its participation in the connect airways consortia in its acquisition of FlyBe
- Lender on a major restructuring of an ECA backed financing involving six (6) aircraft
- Macquarie bank as arranger and the investors on a first of a kind capital markets transaction which allows Virgin Atlantic to raise capital through a private placement of bonds secured by a portfolio of take-off and landing slots at London Heathrow*
- a major operating lessor on the PDP financing and sale and leaseback of two A330 aircraft for a Portuguese airline*
- a US financial institution as to English law on a number of helicopter financings
- the ECAs led by UK Export Finance and TD Bank N.A. on the financing of six A320 aircraft for IndiGo*
- CIT Aerospace on a number of operating leases, sale and leasebacks with carriers worldwide*
* Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Jahnavi is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales. She completed her degree at the University of Cambridge and has since worked for international UK and US law firms, as well as spending time on secondment at a major aviation lessor in Dublin.