Charlotte advises on complex, high-value disputes and contentious regulatory proceedings across a range of sectors, with a particular focus on banks and other financial institutions, as well as media and telecommunications businesses. Charlotte also has substantial experience in cross-border fraud and asset tracing claims. Her contentious regulatory experience includes advising on investigations involving systems and controls breaches, algorithmic trading incidents and employee fraud and misconduct.
Charlotte has first-hand experience of financial firms, from her secondments with UBS’s Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement team in Hong Kong and Man Group in London.
Charlotte's experience includes advising:
- Société Générale on a US$1.5 billion claim in the English Commercial Court brought by the Libyan Investment Authority, relating to a series of derivative trades where there were allegations of bribery and intimidation
- a Chinese state-owned entity on fraudulent misrepresentation claims in the English Commercial Court, relating to its acquisition of a majority shareholding in a media rights business
- a European bank in defence of an English Commercial Court mis-selling claim arising from foreign exchange and interest rate derivatives
- a satellite telecommunications provider, as the claimant in HKIAC arbitral proceedings arising from a satellite sharing agreement and as defendant in a Hong Kong High Court claim to set aside the arbitral award (C v D  HKCFI 1474)
- a leading global optical lens manufacturer, on asset recovery claims in the Hong Kong High Court against 90 defendants, in connection with a fraud totalling over US$210 million
- UBS in defence of proceedings brought by the Administrators of Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander Limited relating to a US$65 million ISDA trade, in both the English Commercial Court ( EWHC 2450 (Comm)) and Court of Appeal ( EWCA Civ 319)
- a US investment bank in defence of an English Commercial Court claim by an advisor for commission under an alleged consultancy agreement
- a Hong Kong property developer in defence of a Hong Kong High Court claim brought by an investor under bond documentation
Charlotte is a member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association and the Financial Services Lawyers Association.
Charlotte read English Literature at the University of Cambridge. Based in London, she previously practised from our Hong Kong office and is dual-qualified in England and Wales and Hong Kong.
Charlotte is an active member of our Women Lawyers Network and Social Mobility Network committees.