Julius is experienced in advising listed companies and assists clients in public and private M&A as well as other ECM transactions. His sector focus includes Real Estate, Energy and Manufacturing & Industrials.
In addition to his qualification as a lawyer, Julius is appointed as a notary with official residence in Frankfurt.
Julius is ranked as one of “Germany’s Best Lawyers” for M&A by Best Lawyers/Handelsblatt 2020/2021.
Julius’ experience includes advising:
- Deutsche Bank and JP Morgan as joint bookrunners on the increase of HOCHTIEF AG’s share capital by just under 10 percent against cash contribution
- PEARL Infrastructure Capital as majority stakeholder on its joint investment with Wismar Pellets in financing the construction of the Bioenergie Wismar Combined Heat and Power Plant
- ANEX Group on the acquisition of Bucher Reisen and ÖGER Tours from the insolvent Thomas Cook Group
- An affiliate of Ningbo Jifeng Auto Parts Co., Ltd., a Chinese automotive component supplier, on its 0,6 billion Euro public takeover offer regarding Grammer AG, a German components supplier serving the automotive and commercial vehicles industry
- Neometals Ltd in relation to its joint venture with SMS group GmbH to conduct evaluation activities in respect of battery recycling technology and potentially a lithium ion battery recycling business on a commercial scale through the operation of recycling plants
- Vonovia SE on its €13.3 billion voluntary public takeover offer for Deutsche Wohnen AG
- Vonovia SE on its cross-border merger with GAGFAH S.A.
- ICBC on the financing and its financing confirmation under the German Securities Acquisition and Takeover Act (WpÜG) of the public takeover by Midea Group, China's biggest home appliance manufacturer, of German robotics specialist, KUKA AG
- Italmobiliare S.p.A. with respect to the sale of 45 % of the shares in Italcementi S.p.A. to HeidelbergCement AG for EUR 1.67 billion
- Rocket Internet SE on its €1.4 billion initial public offering*
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Julius graduated from Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster. He spent one year at a private university in the Kansai region (Japan) where he studied Japanese commercial and corporate law as well as international law.
Julius is a German native speaker, business fluent in English and fluent in Japanese.