We advise our clients as they deploy and leverage the power of telecommunications. We work with our clients across all areas of telecommunications infrastructure, equipment, networks, applications, services, spectrum, investment, implementation, use and monetisation.
Our experience advising telecommunications companies, users of telecommunications, and investors focussed on telecommunications, gives us deep understanding of the relationships, opportunities, risks and strategies involved. We are thought leaders and anticipate and respond to the effect and legal implications of the adoption of new telecommunications technologies and means of telecommunications.
As telecommunications is increasingly underpinning technology innovation, through ubiquitous broadband and mobility, yet is increasingly impacted by technology innovation, as a result of over the top services, we use our deep industry knowledge to support our clients in those areas.
We regularly advise on:
- telecommunications collaboration, sharing or cooperation projects and strategic partnerships, including advising on MVNO arrangements and agreements
- bidding for or otherwise acquiring and maintaining appropriate telecommunications or spectrum licences, including drafting of licence terms and conditions for greenfield licences
- legal and regulatory environments and frameworks relating to telecommunications and related ecosystems, including advising on the application of telecommunications regulation to business activities
- monetising assets and improving efficiencies by opening-up and sharing infrastructure, including advising on long-term network and infrastructure sharing arrangements and agreements
- legal constructs that foster and support telecommunications and the extending of business strategies
- identifying and managing risks in the deployment, use, sale or purchase of telecommunications assets, including hardware procurement and maintenance agreements
- shaping and protecting processes for data, applications and content collection, licensing-in, use, manipulation and monetisation
- expanding businesses into multiple segments and markets
- assessing the value and risk in telecommunications assets
- early identification and management of potential telecommunications related disputes
We support our clients with telecommunications in its widest sense, including fixed, wireless, cable, broadband/internet, ICT, satellite, network equipment, devices and components, mobile towers and data centres.
We also offer fully-integrated advice on telecoms mergers and acquisitions, investments, tax, employment, regulation, competition, technology, media, data protection and privacy, cyber security and outsourcing to support all of our clients' telecommunications related activities.
Insights and updates
Aaron is a Partner in the corporate division who specialises in international transactions, projects and regulatory matters in the telecoms and technology sectors.