Ban is the Founding Director at Herbert Smith Freehills Prolegis in Singapore.
His experience covers a varied range of corporate and commercial work, and he specialises in cross border acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic investments, acting for local and multinational corporations as well as governmental instrumentalities. Ban’s practice covers industries that include TMT, energy, pharmaceuticals and financial services, and he is both Singapore and English qualified.
Ban has been consistently recognised as a leading M&A practitioner in numerous independent legal directories, and is described in Legal 500, 2021-2022 as,' the stable, clear-headed corporate M&A specialist you want on your side.'
Ban's experience includes advising:
- SGX-listed Delfi Ltd on the US$860 million sale of its cocoa ingredients businesses across Asia, Europe and South America, to Barry Callebaut AG
- TE Connectivity, on the sale of its minimally invasive medical devices manufacturing business, to Hong-Kong-based Quasar Engineering Limited
- a consortium on the Singapore aspects of its proposed bid for the Singapore–Malaysia High Speed Rail project
- the shareholders of Ginga Petroleum (Singapore) Pte Ltd on its sale to GFI Asia Holdings Pte. Ltd
- British Telecom on the merger between Starhub and Singapore Cablevision, and its vendor sale as part of the S$457 million initial public offering of StarHub Limited*
- Yinson Holdings Berhad on its US$800 million refinancing of one of the company's oil and gas floatation, production, storage, and offloading (FPSO) vessels
- Korea National Oil Corporation on its acquisition of shares in Korea GS E&P from GS Holdings, a South Korean holding company for the GS Energy Group
- Armstrong Southeast Asia Clean Energy Fund in the signing of a share purchase agreement with Aboitiz Power Corp for the sale of wind power firm Mekong Wind Pte Ltd
- an Indonesian state-owned oil and natural gas corporation based in Jakarta in connection with the wind-down and liquidation of its trading subsidiaries in Singapore and Hong Kong
- Petra Foods Limited, on its acquisition of a majority stake in the Dutch, German and French cocoa processing and manufacturing operations of, and the joint venture with, the Armajaro Group, as well as its subsequent buy-out of Armajaro's joint venture stake*
- Credit Suisse in relation to the sale of its strategic stake in Indonesian energy group PT Medco Energi*
- SGX-listed Stamford Tyres Ltd on its strategic global distribution and commercial arrangements with Sumitomo
*Experience gained while at previous firm
Cardiff University, LLB (Hons)
Read more about Herbert Smith Freehills Prolegis here.