Javier is a junior associate in the finance practice in the Madrid office. He regularly acts for various international leading banks and investment banks on a range of structured finance transactions including the financing of loan and real estate portfolio acquisitions, including financing of Spanish REIT (SOCIMI) structures, real estate finance and securitisation transactions. Javier also advises on bond issues, RMBS (involving foreign structures and Spanish securitisation funds) and has advised local banks on leverage buy-outs too.
Javier's experience includes advising:
- an American multinational investment management and financial services company on a complex transaction involving (i) the acquisition of a mortgage loan portfolio from Banco Santander represented by mortgage transfer certificates (CTHs) with an estimated outstanding value of €700 million; (ii) the incorporation of a private securitisation fund for the securitisation of the mortgage transfer certificates and (iii) the public securitisation Clavel Residential 2 RMBS 2022 backed by the issue of Spanish bonds, as arranger (Project Macondo)
- a French financial entity, as lender, on the Spanish law aspects of the financing to Cerberus for the acquisition of a Spanish non-performing loan portfolio with a value of c. €750 million sold by CaixaBank (Project Yellowstone)
- a French international banking group, as lender to TPG, on the provision of Spanish and English law legal advice in relation to the acquisition of various REO portfolios (Project Yoda)
- an international investment fund on the Spanish law aspects of the pan-European industrial asset development and investment financing granted to Exeter related to a portfolio of logistic assets, some of them are located in Spain (Project North)
- Banco Santander, Cajamar, Tresmares, Alantra and Bankia, as arrangers, on the financing to Indo Optical, an indirect subsidiary of Ergon Capital, to refinance certain existing financial indebtedness of the Group, certain future acquisitions of the Group and working capital requirements
Javier holds a double degree in Law and Business Administration awarded by the University of Oviedo which he partially studied at the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität of Münster (Germany). He also holds a master’s degree in Legal Practice awarded by the University Carlos III of Madrid.
Prior to joining the firm in February 2021, he completed a 12-month full-time internship as a trainee in the Madrid office as well as a six-month internship in an international company in the energy sector.
He speaks Spanish, English and German.