Chelsea joined the US finance team in 2020. Based out of the firm's London office, Chelsea advises on a broad range of cross-border debt and structured financing transactions. Her experience includes acquisition and leveraged finance, structured finance and securitization, asset finance and debt capital markets transactions, including investment grade bonds, US private placements, high-yield and liability management exercises. Recent mandates include advising in the music and entertainment, energy, asset management, retail and industrials sectors.
Chelsea was recognized as a key member of Herbert Smith Freehills "Funds team of the Year" at the Lawyer Awards 2021 for her work advising Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited, a Guernsey-registered music IP investment and song management company listed on the London Stock Exchange, on various debt capital markets and fund financing transactions. She is an active member of a number of the firm's pro bono, ESG and impact investment initiatives.
- Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited, a Guernsey-registered investment company, on: (i) its inaugural up to £100 million NAV-based, secured New York law governed revolving credit facility from JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A.; (ii) a £150 million New York law NAV-based revolving credit facility with a syndicate of lenders, with JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A., as lead arranger, and various amendments including increases in the facility size to $600 million; and (iii) a warehouse financing transaction in respect of a high value catalogue.
- Johnson Matthey, in connection with the issuance of its €225 million 1.90% series A sustainability-linked senior notes due 2032, £35 million 2.77% series B sustainability-linked senior notes due 2029 and US$50 million 3.00% series C sustainability-linked senior notes due 2029.
- Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank & Ester Finance Technologies, in connection with: (i) the establishment of an up to US$100 million New York law governed securitization program for trade receivables from the TK Elevator group; and (ii) the establishment of New York law governed securitization program for off-balance sheet trade receivables for the US subsidiaries of Tarkett pursuant to a Master Framework Agreement.
- GIC Private Limited, the controlling shareholder of Greenko Energy Holdings ("Greenko"), India's second largest independent renewable power producer by operation, in connection with: (i) the issuance by Greenko Power II Limited of US$1 billion 4.3% green senior notes due 2028 guaranteed by Greenko; and (ii) the issuance by Greenko Wind Projects Mauritius Limited of US$750 million 5.5% senior notes due 2025 guaranteed by Greenko.
- Victorian Funds Management Corporation, in connection with its participation in a number of New York law governed Term Loan Bs in the Australian market, including, among others: (i) an A$1.85 billion First Lien Term Loan Facility to Voyage Australia Pty Limited; (ii) the $A786 million First Lien Term Loan Facilities to APOG BidCo Pty Ltd; and (iii) A$460 million First Lien Term Loan Facility to CX Bidco Pty Ltd.
- Kilara Management Pty Ltd., as agent and security trustee, in connection with a syndicated financing with Tasman Environmental Markets Pty Ltd, the general partner of the Tasman Environmental Markets Limited Partnership, as borrower, secured by VCUs (Verified Carbon Units) and VERs (Verified Emissions Reductions).
Chelsea is admitted to the New York State Bar. She is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D.), Temple University (M.A., with highest distinction) and the University of California Los Angeles (B.A., with highest distinction). Chelsea is the co-author of "Governing Disasters: the challenge of global disaster law and policy,” in the Comparative Law and Regulation Research Handbook, with Eric Feldman. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2020, Chelsea practiced at the debt capital markets team of a leading US law firm in London. Chelsea spent time as a legal intern at International Finance Corporation's Johannesburg office in 2015.