Alex has a particular focus on complex secured financings of companies, infrastructure, real estate and projects across Asia, CIS, Europe and the UK for both borrowers and lenders.
- China Development Bank on its project financing loan of approximately US$1.34 billion for an Australian iron ore mine
- BNP Paribas in the extension of the US$28 million loan facility under a facility agreement made between, among others, Shunkhlai LLC as borrower and BNP Paribas as agent, including the assignment of the reinsurances in relation to the Shunkhlai group companies
- CCB International in relation to the issuance of HK$270 million notes by a Hong Kong company for financing its acquisition of certain shares in a Hong Kong company in the meters manufacturing business
- UBS as financial advisor and cash confirming bank, to the principal investor under a rights issue by an Indonesian public company
- Bank of China in relation to a US$89 million Sinosure-backed receivables financing facility provided in connection with the proposed export of telecommunications equipment by Huawei Group to Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad of Costa Rica
Alexander is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and Hong Kong. He has previously worked in Herbert Smith Freehills London and Singapore finance teams. In his career he has also spent time on secondment at a leading European real estate lender in London and at a Russian bank in Moscow.