Lena routinely advises multinationals, financial investors and family owned businesses on corporate law issues, including private and public M&A, private equity, joint ventures and corporate reorganizations and restructurings. She also handles general corporate matters.
Lena's recent experience covers regulated industries (such as aviation and telecommunication), transport & logistics, infrastructure as well as consumer products and general industries.
Lena's experience includes advising:
- InfraVia Capital Partners, a French investment firm dedicated to the infrastructure sector, on the creation of a 50/50 joint venture with Liberty Global Ventures, a global provider of video, high-speed internet and communications services, for the deployment of fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) networks in Germany
- KKR in connection with an investment in multinational cosmetics and beauty company Coty Inc., in particular with regards to the carve out of the German professional beauty and retail haircare division business (including brands such as Wella)*
- HOCHTIEF on various M&A transactions and corporate reorganizations, including the sale of the business unit Service Solutions to SPIE SA, the sale of the property management business to vincitag group, the sale of the offshore business to DEME Group and the restructuring of HOCHTIEF’s European business*
- SPIE on the acquisition of Osmo Anlagenbau (electrical engineering solutions) and Lück group (building technology)*
- Bayer on the sale of its participation in chemical park operator Currenta*
- Körber AG on the sale of its grinding division*
* Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Lena graduated from the University of Bonn in 2007.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2021, Lena worked as a senior associate at another leading international law firm in Dusseldorf, assisting clients in cross-border and domestic M&A transactions.