Nicola is ranked by Chambers Global, Chambers Asia Pacific and Who's Who Legal as a leading M&A lawyer in Singapore. She regularly works with private equity, asset managers, pension funds and sovereign wealth funds on a broad range of complex, cross-border transactions across Southeast Asia and India.
Nicola sat on the governing Council of Herbert Smith Freehills for 3 years, elected by her partners to represent Asia. She also previously headed up our Southeast Asia Corporate practice. In 2019, Nicola was recognised by ALB as the only international law firm finalist for Southeast Asia Woman Lawyer of the Year. It was also recently announced that Nicola is a Euromoney finalist for female APAC M&A Lawyer of the Year 2019.
Nicola has recently advised:
- sale to Warburg Pincus and PremjiInvest of a stake in India’s largest general insurer SBIG, acting as international counsel for IAG on the competitive bid process
- US$1 billion commitment to India’s largest infrastructure investment fund by pension plan AustralianSuper, alongside Ontario Teachers, Temasek and ADIA
- Temasek on various acquisitions including bidder consortium arrangements with Hosen Capital and S$1 billion acquisition of VIP Petfoods from Quadrant Private Equity
- TPG Capital Asia on the acquisition of Pan Asia Majestic, now merged with Apollo Towers to create a US$700 million towers portfolio in Myanmar
- Jiangsu Changjiang Electronics on the S$1.8 billion acquisition involving takeover offer of Singapore listed STATS ChipPAC and associated sell-down by Temasek, one of the largest SGX takeover of the year
- Sumitomo Corporation and its operating partner on the US$2.5b disposal of interests in the Batu Hijau mines in Indonesia
- S$16 billion takeover of SGX listed Global Logistics Properties, acting for a Chinese fund manager in consortium with Hopu Investment Management, Vanke and Hillhouse Capital