Laura is a corporate and commercial lawyer with a particular focus on the natural resources sector, including oil and gas and mining. Her experience includes complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, projects and corporate advisory work. Based in London, Laura works with clients across the globe, including in the UK, Africa, Latin America and across Europe.
Laura understands and has advised on the whole value chain from concessions and transportation arrangements to downstream commodity sales and trading. She advises on energy transition and ESG issues, which are increasingly a top priority for her clients.
Laura was listed as an “Up and coming lawyer in the most recent Energy and Natural Resources Oil & Gas”, for Chambers. Laura was also featured in the Latinvex Top 100 Female Lawyers 2020 for Energy and for Mining and was named as a “Next generation partner” for Mining in the most recent Legal 500. Laura is ranked as a “Notable Practitioner” in the area of Oil & Gas M&A in Brazil for IFLR1000.
Laura's experience includes advising:
- Bp on its US$1.1bn US offshore wind joint venture with Equinor
- Energea with respect to the $63m investment by Victory Hill to develop Brazilian solar energy projects, including drafting and negotiating the shareholders arrangements
- Mercuria on its debt and equity investment in TechMet, an investor in projects across the technology metals supply chain, as part of TechMet's second funding round totalling $120 million.
- Trident Energy on its award-winning acquisition of the Pampo and Enchova clusters from Brazilian state-run company Petrobras. The transaction represented the first RBL style lending facility into Brazil
- BTG Pactual E&P B.V. on the sale by Petrobras of Petrobras' 50% interest African oil & gas joint venture company (then Petrobras Oil & Gas B.V.), which has significant interests offshore Nigeria, to Africa Oil Plc
- Mercuria Energy on their investment in Tailwind and in respect of Tailwind’s acquisition of various UKCS assets
- BHP on various matters, including on divestments of significant mining assets and various general contractual matters
- Anglo American on various matters including in respect of a review of its joint ventures and in respect of response to request from stakeholder groups for information in respect of tailings dams
- Carlyle International Energy Partners on its agreement to purchase the entire Romanian business of Sterling Resources and on subsequent matters relating to the Midia gas project, including long-term offtake
- Chevron on the US$1.8 billion sale of its downstream oil and gas business in the UK and Ireland to Valero