Guillermo has extensive experience advising clients in the avoidance and resolution of disputes under the laws of common and civil law systems, and under a wide range of arbitration rules. He also advises clients in Restructuring, Turnaround & Insolvency.
Guillermo's breadth of experience allows him to formulate successful strategies in relation to complex disputes, restructuring and solvency issues by focusing on delivering strong commercial outcomes. He also advises on risk management issues, settlement negotiations and enforcement strategies.
Guillermo is admitted in Australia (NSW), England & Wales and Spain. He advises clients on complex matters across a range of sectors including construction/infrastructure, energy, financial institutions and TMT.
Guillermo's experience includes advising:
- leading infrastructure group on a complex dispute including international arbitration proceedings, expert determination and litigation related to a cutting-edge renewable energy project in the US
- leading energy and construction group on international arbitration proceedings related to an infrastructure project in the Republic of Kenya
- leading infrastructure group on a complex cross-border dispute related to the investment on a global satellite operator, including international arbitration proceedings, expert determination and litigation before national courts
- The Kingdom of Spain against an international arbitration claim lodged by 25 investment funds based on the Energy Charter Treaty (regarding new Spanish legislation applicable to photovoltaic technology)
- leading energy group on international arbitration proceedings against a state entity related to a major solar energy transaction