Chris has broad banking and finance expertise advising on regional and international cross-border transactions. He specialises in limited recourse financing and has considerable experience advising on new greenfield developments, refinancings, private public partnerships, acquisitions and privatisations in all major sectors, including power and water, renewables, real estate, oil and gas, transport and social infrastructure.
He advises borrowers and lenders on a range of debt products including bilateral and syndicated commercial bank debt, export credit, development bank finance, non-bank lending and Shari'ah compliant financings.
Chris' experience includes advising:
- international developers and their supporting lenders on bids for recent and current renewable energy tenders in the Middle East, including the Al Kharsaa Solar IPP in Qatar, Ibri 2 Solar PV and Amin Solar IPP in Oman, DEWA CSP Project in Dubai, Sweihan Solar PV Project in Abu Dhabi, and Al Abdaliyah Integrated Solar Combined Cycle Project in Kuwait
- a UAE non-bank financial institution as lead arranger on Shari'ah compliant senior and mezzanine financings for several real estate developments in Dubai
- on regional bilateral and syndicated corporate financings, including a US$250 million Shari'ah compliant facility for a Middle East sovereign; US$200 million bridge and US$500 million term loan facilities for a regional listed telecommunications group; and an Egyptian investment company on a US$22.55 million acquisition finance facility to fund the purchase of a healthcare business from a regional private equity house
- an international developer on its bid for the Noor Abu Dhabi Street Lighting PPP Project in the UAE
- the lenders to international consortiums on bids for the 99 MIGD Shuqaiq reverse osmosis desalination project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the 45 MIGD FEWA desalination project in Umm-al-Quwain, UAE
- an international developer on the project financing of a 220 MW gas fired power station in Bangladesh through conventional and Shari'ah compliant facilities provided by local and international development finance institutions
- Shapoorji Pallonji on the financing of a 50MW solar PV project in the Egypt FiT round 2, by the International Finance Corporation, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, African Development Bank and CDC Group Plc
- on several infrastructure PPP projects in Australia (including the successful bidding consortia for the East West Link PPP, New Bendigo Hospital PPP and Northern Territory Correctional Facilities PPP) and power projects (including the project financing of the 240MW Diamantia Power Project, the 50MW Moree Solar Farm and the A$1.1 billion refinancing of Loy Yang B Power Station)
- the export credit agencies and commercial lenders on the US$20 billion financing of the Ichthys LNG Project