Andrew has extensive experience in all areas of corporate and commercial practice, with a particular focus on major acquisitions and joint ventures. He has worked with clients on some of the largest, most strategic and complex transactions in the market.
Andrew advises clients across various sectors including financial services, government privatisations, wealth management, private equity, healthcare, industrials and energy on strategic issues and M&A transactions.
Andrew has worked with both vendors and purchasers in significant business acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures, including structuring and documenting transactions. He has advised clients on management buy-outs, private equity transactions and public market transactions (takeovers and schemes).
Andrew helps clients with all aspects of legislative compliance, including compliance with the ASX Listing Rules, Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act, corporations law and other relevant legislation. His expertise extends to all areas of general corporate practice, including reviewing and drafting contracts and other general advice.
Experience includes advising:
- Rinker Group Limited in relation to the A$17 billion takeover offer from CEMEX
- TAB Limited in relation to its takeover offer by Tabcorp Holdings Limited and a prior merger proposal with UNiTAB Limited
- Aegis Group plc on its acquisition by scheme of arrangement of Mitchell Communications Group
- Oracle Corporation’s acquisition by scheme of arrangement of RuleBurst Holdings
- Macquarie Bank on its joint venture with Virgin Money