The media and entertainment world of yesterday was one of multiple revenue streams, scarce distribution outlets and distinct exploitation windows. We advise our clients on how to thrive in tomorrow's world by embracing new approaches to content creation, aggregation, distribution, operations, technology and monetisation.
Content remains a very valuable asset and we work with our clients at all stages of the content value chain from creation to the point of content reaching the end user, as well as overlays such as live events, advertising and sponsorship and the use of augmented and virtual reality. Our experience advising players across all of these areas, from established players to new entrants, as well as investors, gives us a real understanding of the commercial issues which shape strategies, relationships and risks.
Our knowledge of the legal issues and arrangements across a range of geographical markets (including emerging markets where the multimedia landscape is developing rapidly) means that we can offer a truly international perspective.
We regularly advise on:
- legal constructs that foster and support content creation and development, acquisition and distribution and the extending of business strategies, including licensing and associated content exploitation arrangements and agreements
- identifying and managing risks in platform and channel development and launches, as well as advising on the legal documentation involved
- sponsorship, merchandising, live event and talent arrangements and agreements
- legal and regulatory environments and frameworks relating to media and entertainment and related ecosystems, including advising on the application of media and broadcasting regulation to business activities
- partnerships and joint ventures for the purpose of exploiting media and entertainment products
- shaping and protecting processes for data, applications and content collection, licensing-in, use, manipulation and monetisation
- expanding businesses into multiple segments and markets
- assessing the value and risk in media and entertainment assets
- early identification and management of potential media- and entertainment-related disputes
Our experience and advice spans the full spectrum of media and entertainment including TV, film, radio, print media, digital and social media, music, sports, gaming, live events, advertising and marketing, information and data services, betting and entertainment venues, and technologies and platforms associated with media and entertainment.
We support our clients with technology in its widest sense, including media-technology such as virtual reality and augmented reality, multi-channel networks, data, artificial intelligence, drones and the rise of emerging markets as media and entertainment hotspots.
We also offer fully-integrated advice on media and entertainment mergers and acquisitions, investments, tax, employment, regulation, competition, technology, telecommunications, data protection and privacy and cyber security to support all of our clients' media and entertainment related activities.