Jed specialises in financial services regulatory law. He acts on behalf of a wide variety of clients, including wealth managers and advisers, banks, fund managers, financial market participants and pioneering FinTechs. Jed works on both advisory and transactional matters.
Jed advises on a range of matters, including perimeter and prudential issues, financial promotions, conduct of business requirements, market conduct and the regulatory aspects of corporate transactions. He also advises on the impact of regulatory change, including regimes and legislation such as the SMCR, MiFID, the Payment Services Regulations and the IFPR.
Jed's experience includes having:
- prepared, submitted and resolved several applications to the FCA for authorisation or a variation of permission, including assisting a large wealth manager to become operational and fully authorised
- advised on the application of the UK regulatory regime to various pioneering digital products including crypto-currencies and NFT issuances
- drafted opinions on the qualifying status of the Common Equity Tier 1 capital for a large UK bank, advised on prudential consolidation for various regulated groups and assisted in liaison with the Prudential Regulation Authority
- advised regularly on the application of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime, including the application of rules to proposed staffing structures, preparation and submission of applications for approval
- assisted various clients on the scope and application of the UK regulatory framework, including assisting a UK e-money provider to utilise appropriate exemptions, structuring UK offerings for overseas investment firms, and designing rules of the road to help govern the activities of UK-based staff
- regularly advised sell and buy-side clients on the application and navigation of the UK change in control regime, including preparing submissions and regulatory business plans, and guiding firms through the full change in control process
- assisted various clients in navigating the UK's financial promotions regime in order to effectively deal with clients, promote their services and raise capital
- supported a full scale review and refresh of consumer credit documentation for use by several major private banks*
*prior to joining HSF
7th December 2022
Explore our FSR Outlook 2023 As awareness of environmental, social and human rights issues grow,...